CHRISTMAS TREES AND HOLIDAY DECORATIONS
Even during these unprecedented times, the holiday season has arrived! To answer a few common questions about Christmas trees and decorations:
- In accordance with Seattle Fire Department regulations, Christmas trees and decorations must be fire retardant treated and lights must display a UL sticker. Lighted candles or open flames of any kind are
- Any decorations displayed must remain inside your office space and not visible from the exterior of the building.
- If you have not made arrangements with your tree supplier to pick it up after the holidays, you may call Union Square Tenant Services 206.623.4567 and request a pickup for the week of December 25th or the following week. A minimal fee will be charged for disposal.
- Please do not transport trees through the lobby or via the passenger elevators. Trees must be transported using the freight elevator and through the loading dock/garage.
The holidays are a time for celebration, but also a time when we need to take the necessary precautions to keep ourselves and the premises safe. Remember:
- Space heaters are prohibited at Union Square. They create a fire hazard and often overload circuits. In addition, they cause the nearest thermostat to trigger the building’s air conditioning.
- Reception areas should remain staffed at all times to prevent any unauthorized person from gaining access to your offices. When this is not possible, doors should be locked or door buzzers should be used to alert staff of entering visitors. Back doors should remain locked at all times.
- Unauthorized persons in offices should be asked to leave the premises and be reported to Union Square Security 206.613.5333. If this occurs, please provide Security with as detailed of a description of the individual(s) as soon as possible.
- Keep all valuables (purses, wallets, laptop computers, gifts) locked in drawers or closets.
- Any items visible through your car windows are targets for thieves. Purchases or personal items should be secured in the car trunk.
- When mailing over-sized holiday packages, have them picked up from your office by your delivery service. DO NOT leave them next to the drop boxes, which are in an area accessible by the general public. (Packages should never be left in the building’s mailroom area regardless of the time of the year).
- Report any theft immediately: Union Square Security at 206.613.5333, credit card companies and banks when relevant, and the Seattle Police Department. In the event that your building access card is lost or stolen, report it immediately to Union Square Tenant Services at 206.623.4567.
We hope that in taking these extra precautions, you will be ensured an enjoyable holiday season! We wish you all a safe and healthy holiday season!