As another year comes to a close, it is time to celebrate the season with our annual Union Square holiday breakfast. Please join us in the main lobby of your building on Wednesday, December 12th from 7:00AM to 9:00AM for fresh coffee, pastries, and holiday music, compliments of your Washington Holdings Property Management Team.
Additionally, Union Square is once again teaming up with our neighbor Plymouth Church to help homeless kids and adults this holiday season with a socks and gloves drive. The donations will benefit Mary’s Place and the Seattle/King County Coalition on Homelessness. Drop off bins will be available from 7:00AM to 9:00AM Wednesday, December 12th in both building lobbies.
Items Needed for Donation:
-Socks and Gloves (for Men, Women, and Children)
We look forward to seeing you on December 12th!
We are pleased to announce that the Seattle Visiting Nurse Association will be providing a Flu Immunization Clinic here at Union Square this month. The clinic is open to all occupants of Union Square.
Participants will need to complete the waiver of liability and notice of privacy practices, which have been sent to all tenant office managers. The flu shots are administered by registered nurses. SVNA is able to bill most primary health plans – Regence, Group Health, Premera, United HealthCare, First Choice and Aetna. They do not accept Cigna or Provider One – a Medicaid Fee for Service Plan – unless the plan is tied to an Apple Health Plan. You may also pay by cash or check; payment is $40.00 for standard Quadrivalent, due at the time the shot is given. The nurses also carry a small amount of Thimerosal-Free vaccine for pregnant women as required by Washington State regulations.
Monday, October 8: 9:00am – 1:00pm- Two Union 5122
Tuesday, October 9: 8:00am – 2:00pm- One Union Boardroom
Wednesday, October 10: 9:00am – 1:00pm Two Union 5122
Thursday, October 11: 8:00am – 2:00pm One Union Boardroom
Have you ever wondered what the “short list” of directions are for reserving one of Union Square’s many beautiful conference rooms?
- Select a day/time you would like to have your event. Click on the “GO” button.
- Check off the amenities you would like.
- List how many guests you expect, and the setup you need.
- Make sure that prior to your event, you familiarize yourself with the projector/computer set up. Tenant Services does not provide technical assistance. You will need to bring your own computer and cords. It is best to make arrangements to do a “trial run” to insure your presentation goes well. Call Tenant Services to arrange a time, or go early enough to your event that you can do a trial run.
- Call Security 15 minutes before you intend to go to the Conference Center. They will need to unlock it for you.
- Need to cancel? Reservations cancelled at least 48 hours prior to the event will not be charged. Reservations cancelled with 24 hours notice will be subject to $100.00 room rate. Cancellations that take place on the same day as the reservation will be subject to normal room rate(s).
- Tenants are typically provided a 60 day window in which to make reservations. Call Tenant Services if you need to make a reservation further in advance. (206) 623-4567. (The request will be sent to the management team for reservations over 60 days out.)
You may have noticed some exciting new developments here at Union Square.
Here are the highlights:
*The beautiful new glass entry at 6th & Union is now fully operational.
*Ethan Stowell’s Cortina Restaurant officially opened May 16th! (Did you know? Apparently every table and bar seat has a plug and a USB port…and this is the largest ESR yet!)
*The One Union retail area is nearing completion
*Evergreens Salad is serving fresh salads three ways!
*The main lobby remodel of Two Union is progressing well, with finish materials now going in- including flooring, wall surfaces and ceilings.
We anticipate the majority of the lobby opening and being complete in early fall. Keep watching for updates!
In order to provide Union Square tenants a more convenient way to register for the fitness center and/or to pay their annual fee, we have set up an online payment system at www.unionsquareseattletenant.com/fitness-center-registration. Additionally, we now only accept credit cards. If you have any questions and/or concerns, please contact Tenant Services at email@example.com or 206.623.4567.
As you have noticed, our renovation project continues to move forward! As part of this process, our contractor will be replacing the sidewalk on the northwest side of Union Square on 6th Avenue and Union Street. The work will take place from March 12th-March 23rd from 7:00am-3:30pm.
During this time, the 6th and Union entrance to Two Union Square will remain open. However, certain periods of construction will require the closure of the sidewalks on either 6th Avenue and/or Union Street. Please follow the marked paths, indicated by our contractor’s construction barricades and cones.
Thank you for your patience as we continue to improve Union Square!
As you have likely noticed, we are nearing completion on the construction of a tunnel system in the Two Union Square main lobby that will allow renovation work to proceed while still allowing Tenants and their visitors access to the tower.
Our main goal is to provide clear, accessible routes for you and your office visitors to the tower during this phase of construction. The following routes are available:
- Via the escalators from the Lower Lobby Level (Starbucks/Walla Walla Farms level)
- Via the southwest entrance (above the grand staircase leading out onto the third floor plaza in the Courtyard near the former shoe shine shop)
- Via Elevator 30 (Accessible from Levels 1, 2 and 7th Avenue)
- Via the East Entrance (by the Convention Center/Freeway Park)
- Via the East Parking Garage Elevators (northeast corner of main lobby)
- Via the Entrance adjacent to the East Parking Garage Elevators (northeast corner on the Convention Center/Freeway Park Level)
Please note that the Grand Staircase will remain closed during this portion of the project. Additionally, the courtyard passageway outside, immediately north of the security desk is closed for construction staging.
The tunnel system will remain in place until this summer. We apologize for the inconvenience, but look forward to revealing our new and improved Two Union Square main lobby. We will keep you updated as construction progresses.
If you have any questions, please contact Tenant Services at 206.623.4567 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
One and Two Union Square will be closed in 2018 on holidays generally observed in Washington State. The holidays are:
- New Year’s Day
- Memorial Day
- Independence Day
- Labor Day
- Thanksgiving Day
- Christmas Day
When the buildings are closed, access to the buildings and elevators are available to our tenants with the use of your after-hours access card. Heating and air conditioning are not operated unless prior arrangements are made thru Tenant Services (email@example.com or 206.623.4567). Tenant Services will be closed on all observed holidays.
For emergency assistance, Security can be reached 24/7, at 206.613.5333.
This next phase of the renovation project takes us to the entrance at 6th and Union and work will commence this Monday, August 21st. This part of the project involves upgrades to both the interior lobby as well as the exterior plaza area leading to the revolving doors.
Today, August 17, the seating in the level 1 lobby will be removed and construction barriers will be installed in the lobby on Monday. The revolving doors at 6th and Union will be inaccessible while this work is underway. However, you may still access the level 1 lobby and the escalators by using the courtyard door (ADA accessible) which is to the right of the revolving doors just inside the courtyard.
Upcoming closure schedule affecting 6th Avenue / Union Street Entrance:
- Monday, August 21, construction barricades will block revolving doors – use doorway inside courtyard to access lobby.
- Monday, August 28, construction barriers will be extended further into the plaza area outside of the revolving doors. You may access the courtyard via the accessible ramp, then proceed to the lobby via the courtyard door.
Further updates on additional exterior upgrades will be posted as we get closer to the work commencing.
Any questions? Please contact Building Management at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you for your continued patience.
Out To Lunch Concerts at Union Square!
Beginning on Wednesday August 2nd the Downtown Seattle Association’s Out to Lunch Concert Series begins at Union Square! The first 3 Wednesdays in August, enjoy music in the courtyard! The following is the schedule for Union Square:
- August 2, Soul Revue
- August 9, Sherik’s Bandalabra
- August 16, Headwaves
Concerts begin at noon and conclude at 1:30. For information on the Out to Lunch Concerts presented by the DSA, see their website at https://downtownseattle.org/events/out-to-lunch/.
We hope everyone is able to attend the concerts at Union Square!
The 16th Annual Bite of Union Square
The Bite of Union Square is scheduled for Wednesday, August 23rd in the Two Union Square Arne Gillam Courtyard from 11:30AM to 1:30PM. Mango Son is returning with their unique blend of Latin American Creole music. Your Union Square eateries will be providing complimentary food items and our non-food retailers will have fun giveaways.
We’d love to see everyone at this year’s Bite of Union Square. Your building management team will be at the Washington Holdings cookie table, so be certain to stop by, grab a cookie (or two), say hi and drop a business card in the bin for a drawing of excellent raffle prizes.
We hope to see everyone there! Enjoy your summer!